comment, review and select 3 next Wed)
- 90-minute mini-Summit at OSSEU (Lukas to organize/provide
session title and description by August 31)
- Newcomers?
- Workshop #5 (focus item for this meeting)

Other items for agenda?

thanks,
-- Shuah

Agenda for ELISA TSC Meeting - Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Min Yu

All,

Here is the agenda for the ELISA TSC meeting (open to all) tomorrow:
  • Review Past Pending Action Items (Min)
  • Newcomers?
  • Workshop #5 (focus item for this meeting)
You can find the meeting agenda and previous meeting minutes here:

Regards,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

REMINDER: Contribute to ELISA by Becoming an Ambassador >> Complete Interest Form before Tuesday September 1st

Min Yu

Just a reminder that we will review the first round of ambassador applicants who submitted the interest form Wednesday next week.

So if you're interested in becoming an ELISA Ambassador please complete the form below by Tuesday September 1st.

Preview image
ELISA Ambassador Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in becoming an ELISA Ambassador. The main impetus behind forming the ELISA Ambassador Program is to gather a group of…
docs.google.com

--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

From: Min Yu <myu@...>
Date: Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 10:56 AM
Subject: Contribute to ELISA by Becoming an Ambassador
To: <devel@...>

Dear all,

There are many ways to contribute to the ELISA Project, one of which is to help educate the public about the ELISA mission/goals and help raise the visibility of the great work of the community by becoming an ELISA Ambassador.

If you're interested in the Ambassador role please fill out the form below.

ELISA TSC Meeting - Wed, 08/26/2020 3:00pm-4:00pm #cal-reminder

devel@lists.elisa.tech Calendar <devel@...>

Reminder: ELISA TSC Meeting

When: Wednesday, 26 August 2020, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+02:00) Europe/Amsterdam

Where:https://zoom.us/j/97906302711

View Event

Organizer: ELISA Project

──────────

ELISA Project is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/97906302711

Meeting ID: 979 0630 2711

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,97906302711# US (Germantown)

+13126266799,,97906302711# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

877 369 0926 US Toll-free

855 880 1246 US Toll-free

+1 778 907 2071 Canada

+1 438 809 7799 Canada

+1 587 328 1099 Canada

+1 647 374 4685 Canada

+1 647 558 0588 Canada

855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free

Meeting ID: 979 0630 2711

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ac3zVOvkTe

Re: Student project - Code coverage for GLibC

Min Yu

I've dropped Eli's project proposal into the ELISA folder and here is the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pr0Bj_drlB0fHDkCiD0ecUqBmePf2dMn1Kkirt2cjYQ/edit?usp=sharing.

Feel free to comment on the doc.
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 3:13 PM, Nicholas Mc Guire der.herr@... wrote:

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 03:55:56PM -0700, eli.gurvitz@... wrote:

> Hi,

> I would like to submit an idea for a student project - find a way to support code coverage for GLibC.

> The Google doc is at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DBQv9-XOv8oxWuvs7JpsWjE1Hd9h7M5LMMH4cXTm67c/edit# ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DBQv9-XOv8oxWuvs7JpsWjE1Hd9h7M5LMMH4cXTm67c/edit )

> and also attached here.

At the risk of irritating (again) ISO 26262 for complex software is the wrong standard

so it makes no sense to argue structural code-coverage with that standard

however as in this case IEC 61508-3 Ed 2 Table B.2 (7a-7d) respectively IEC 61508-7 Ed 2

C.5.8 Structure-based testing address the same techniques (and provide adquate

explanations) the tool we have actually completed as prototype covers at least

part of what you want to do for glibc.

basically we have an instrumentation of glibc based on a gcc plugin (SSA phase)

that will dump the actually visited funcitons during execution of glibc.

It works - not very beautiful implementation though - documentation is relatively

complete but of course could be improved. Currently we simply dump the callinfos

to stderr which is of course not usable but with respect to instrumentation it is

up and running.

Runs on glibc-2.28 and 2.31 (git HEAD) and has undergone some initial verification

(basically by comparing the execution paths with gdb session infos)

Execution overhead close to 0, though we do not do any stack unwinding so the

reported addresses are somewhat off (instruction address of first instruction of

the handler on entry not considering the strack unwinding) - the names are correct

though as we get those from the gimplified code during build not from runtime

resolution.

Main conclusion from the tests we have done - glibc is highly deterministic - there

is no inherent variability of execution paths for given calls (though I only

tested 40 different glibc calls randomly selected from the overall API).

If that sounds like a reasonable basis to get started I'm happy to help who ever

signs up for this fun, to get her up to speed - dumping gcc internals on a student for

a summer job from scratch might be a bit cruel....

thx!

hofrat

Re: Student project - Code coverage for GLibC

Nicholas Mc Guire

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 03:55:56PM -0700, eli.gurvitz@intel.com wrote:
[...]

Re: Kernel Development Process WG - Weekly Agenda, 27.8.2020

elana.copperman@...

Agenda:

  1. Documentation and closure of open tasks – Continued discussion and closure: Development tasks, in addition to the more recent work on static/dynamic analysis
  2. Report on KCSAN and implications
  3. Report from Shuah on CWE classifications and next steps

Re: Student project - Code coverage for GLibC

Gurvitz, Eli (Mobileye)

Hi,

I would like to submit an idea for a student project - find a way to support code coverage for GLibC.

The Google doc is at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DBQv9-XOv8oxWuvs7JpsWjE1Hd9h7M5LMMH4cXTm67c/edit#

and also attached here.

Thanks,
Eli Gurvitz

Re: Minutes: ELISA Automotive WG on 14/Aug

Jochen Kall

Hi all,

just a reminder/slight update of the agenda for todays WG call:

1. Tell Tale Safety document review (Jochen)
https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Ffile%2Fd%2F1GQ9FwFEJz9hLjhK_xTEi2DVBmgU2DBnX%2Fview%3Fusp%3Dsharing&;data=02%7C01%7Cyasushi.ando%40toyota-europe.com%7C0a824722156a43df59fe08d83acfd0d6%7C52b742d13dc247acbf03609c83d9df9f%7C0%7C0%7C637324011523101601&sdata=oki0qhTBHM4Gxp9%2BLKN1GyZPa8mgpRPkZF9Km7vKYBM%3D&reserved=0

2. Further clarification on Telltale HW/SW architecture  (Haraki san, Yamaguchi san, if any updates)
Display Controller part,
Other functionalities (Battery checker, Ignition checker)
"Gap" in the critical path in the Image pipeline between the CRC checkpoint and the display IC

3. ADAS use case (Gab, if any updates)

4. WG Mission Statement

See you later,
Jochen

Here you can find the meeting minutes and AGL presentation from today’s Automotive WG meeting.
Thanks you Walt for taking the minutes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FCEzywCMfk3wY6lxBoMYjfQ_DQ44S5YS

Agenda for next meeting on 21/Aug:
1. Tell Tale Safety document review (Jochen)
https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Ffile%2Fd%2F1GQ9FwFEJz9hLjhK_xTEi2DVBmgU2DBnX%2Fview%3Fusp%3Dsharing&;data=02%7C01%7Cyasushi.ando%40toyota-europe.com%7C0a824722156a43df59fe08d83acfd0d6%7C52b742d13dc247acbf03609c83d9df9f%7C0%7C0%7C637324011523101601&sdata=oki0qhTBHM4Gxp9%2BLKN1GyZPa8mgpRPkZF9Km7vKYBM%3D&reserved=0

Please have a look on this, feel free to add your comments☺

2. Further clarification on Telltale HW/SW architecture  (Haraki san, Yamaguchi san, if any updates)
Display Controller part,
Other functionalities (Battery checker, Ignition checker)

3. ADAS use case (Gab, if any updates)

Best regards,

Yasushi  Ando
AUTOSAR / EE PF / HILS group
Electronics Engineering 11
Research and Development
TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE NV/SA

Hoge Wei 33, 1930 Zaventem, Belgium
T:+32 2 895 4944
M:+32 470 852 279
e-mail: mailto:Yasushi.Ando@toyota-europe.com

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not an addressee or otherwise authorised to receive this message, you should not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender promptly and delete this message and any attachments immediately.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jochen Kall

--
Dr. rer. nat. Jochen Kall

Funktionale Sicherheit

ITK Engineering GmbH
Im Speyerer Tal 6
76761 Rülzheim

Tel.: +49 7272 7703-546
Fax: +49 7272 7703-100

Mobil:+491734957776

mailto:jochen.kall@itk-engineering.de ( jochen.kall@itk-engineering.de )

ITK Engineering GmbH | Im Speyerer Tal 6 | 76761 Rülzheim

Tel.: +49 7272 7703-0 | Fax: +49 7272 7703-100

mailto:info@itk-engineering.de ( info@itk-engineering.de ) | http://www.itk-engineering.de ( http://www.itk-engineering.de/ )

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:

Dr. Rudolf Maier

Geschäftsführung/Executive Board:

Michael Englert (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Bernd Gohlicke

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: 76761 Rülzheim

Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Landau, HRB 32046

USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE 813165046

Re: Kernel Development Process WG - Weekly Agenda, 20.8.2020

elana.copperman@...

Sorry for spam, this mail was sent to wrong mailing list.

Please ignore.

Thanks

Elana

mailto:info@... | http://www.itk-engineering.de

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:

Dr. Rudolf Maier

Geschäftsführung/Executive Board:

Michael Englert (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Bernd Gohlicke

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: 76761 Rülzheim

Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Landau, HRB 32046

USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE 813165046

Re: ISO26262 Development Process visualization

Paoloni, Gabriele

Let me know what you think, any comments, suggestions for improvement
etc are welcome of course!
Thanks for sharing. I hope this is helpful for learners of the ISO
26262 standard.

Lukas
+1

Many thanks for this visual high level overview!

Gab
INTEL CORPORATION ITALIA S.p.A. con unico socio
Sede: Milanofiori Palazzo E 4
CAP 20094 Assago (MI)
Capitale Sociale Euro 104.000,00 interamente versato
Partita I.V.A. e Codice Fiscale 04236760155
Repertorio Economico Amministrativo n. 997124
Registro delle Imprese di Milano nr. 183983/5281/33
Soggetta ad attivita' di direzione e coordinamento di
INTEL CORPORATION, USA

Re: ISO26262 Development Process visualization

Oscar Slotosch

Hi Jochen

<jochen.kall@...> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Our collegues at WITZ created a visualization of the development process according to ISO26262 to help us and especially those without an automotive safety background and access to the standard, to better understand the way the development process outlined in the safety integrity standard various phases and flow of workproducts, and also to see where the various ELISA activities are anchored in the framework of ISO26262.
>
> The document is split into a .drawio diagram to visualize activities, workproducts and the connections/workproduct flow theirein, and a spreadsheet giving a description of the phases and their individual objectives.
>
> The diagram can be viewed directly online in the browser using the online viewer of .drawio  (https://app.diagrams.net/) or locally using the standalone application.
>
> The Material is uploaded to the google drive and can be accessed through the following Link
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XvwCdowRkK9qnS3j8JocH30BVsKHTcOK?usp=sharing
>
> Let me know what you think, any comments, suggestions for improvement etc are welcome of course!

Thanks for sharing. I hope this is helpful for learners of the ISO
26262 standard.

Lukas

241 - 260 of 1366