Date

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - OSS Safety Concept Tooling in Freeplane

Deb Giles

New submission for the ELISA May Workshop CFP. Please find below the details.

Email addressjochen.kall@...
Primary Speaker Information
Primary Speaker Full NameJochen Kall
Primary Speaker Job TitleExpert Engineer Safety
Primary Speaker CompanyITK Engineering on behalf of Toyota
Is there a co-speaker?No
Submission Details
Type of SubmissionPresentation
Session Length90 minutes
Topic Title / Idea OSS Safety Concept Tooling in Freeplane
AbstractThe Automotive WG uses an OSS mindmap based tooling for developing and documenting Safety Concepts as well as managing the requirements therein.
In this session an introduction to the tool, its capabilities, and use cases is given, followed by a setup/tutorial session guiding the audience through installation and setup of the tool as well as a demonstration of how it can be used in safety engineering.
The tool is completely open source and implemented as addon for the open source mindmapping tool Freeplane (https://www.freeplane.org/wiki/index.php/Home), is availlable on github (https://github.com/Jochen-Kall/Safety_concept_tool) and helps Safety/Requirements Engineering tasks with support for:
- Avoiding duplication of repeated requirements, leveraging clones
- Managed artifact types, ASILs ,etc and their respective constraints
- Allocation to architectural elements
- Code tagging
- Safety Consistency checking
- Tainting/Change Propagation in the tree
- Export / Import [WIP]
Any critical participants needed for the discussion?none
Audience BackgroundNew to Safety
Experienced with Safety
New to Linux Kernel
Experienced with Linux Kernel
What timezone do you prefer to present in?Germany - CET (+1)
Code of Conduct - I agree to abide by the ELISA Code of Conduct.Yes

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - Automotive WG update

Deb Giles

New submission for the ELISA May Workshop CFP. Please find below the details.

Email addressjochen.kall@...
Primary Speaker Information
Primary Speaker Full NameJochen Kall
Primary Speaker Job TitleExpert Engineer Safety
Primary Speaker CompanyITK Engineering on behalf of Toyota
Is there a co-speaker?No
Submission Details
Type of SubmissionPresentation
Session Length30 minutes
Topic Title / Idea Automotive WG update
AbstractIntroduction to the Workgroup, summary of our activities in the last quarter and outlook to the next.
Any critical participants needed for the discussion?none
Audience BackgroundNew to Safety
Experienced with Safety
New to Linux Kernel
Experienced with Linux Kernel
What timezone do you prefer to present in?Germany - CET (+1)
Code of Conduct - I agree to abide by the ELISA Code of Conduct.Yes

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - Usability of ISO 26262 2nd Edition for an open-source design

Deb Giles

New submission for the ELISA May Workshop CFP. Please find below the details.

Email addressroberto.paccapeli@...
Primary Speaker Information
Primary Speaker Full NameRoberto Paccapeli
Primary Speaker Job TitleFunctional Safety Manager
Primary Speaker CompanyIntel Corporation
Is there a co-speaker?Yes
Additional Speaker
Co­-Speaker Full NameVito Magnanimo
Co­-Speaker Job TitleFunctional Safety Software Architect
Co­-Speaker CompanyBMW Group
Co-Speaker EmailVito.Magnanimo@...
Submission Details
Type of SubmissionPresentation
Session Length30 minutes
Topic Title / Idea Usability of ISO 26262 2nd Edition for an open-source design
AbstractIn Automotive domain, the reference standard for Functional Safety is ISO 26262. The normative does not currently provide a clear distinction between new Software design and pre-existing ones.
This limitation directly impacts on open-source designs, developed in accordance with non-standardized development process (e.g. Linux operations system).
The talk presents some gaps observed in the standard and introduces hints that can be jointly addressed with ELISA members without losing the cornerstone of the ISO (or in contrast with its clauses).
Any critical participants needed for the discussion?No
Audience BackgroundNew to Safety
Experienced with Safety
New to Linux Kernel
Experienced with Linux Kernel
What timezone do you prefer to present in?Germany - CET (+1)
Code of Conduct - I agree to abide by the ELISA Code of Conduct.Yes

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - Usability of ISO 26262 2nd Edition for an open-source design

Naomi Washington

[...]

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - Safety Architecture WG update session

Naomi Washington

New submission for the ELISA May Workshop CFP. Please find below the details.

Email addressgabriele.paoloni@...
Primary Speaker Information
Primary Speaker Full NameGabriele Paoloni
Primary Speaker Job TitleSenior SW Architect
Primary Speaker CompanyIntel Corporation
Is there a co-speaker?No
Submission Details
Type of SubmissionPresentation
Session Length30 minutes
Topic Title / Idea Safety Architecture WG update session
AbstractSummary of ongoing work and proposed work for next quarter
Any critical participants needed for the discussion?No
Audience BackgroundNew to Safety
Experienced with Safety
New to Linux Kernel
Experienced with Linux Kernel
What timezone do you prefer to present in?Germany - CET (+1)
Code of Conduct - I agree to abide by the ELISA Code of Conduct.Yes

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - Workshop Wrap-up session

Naomi Washington

New submission for the ELISA May Workshop CFP. Please find below the details.

Email addressskhan@...
Primary Speaker Information
Primary Speaker Full NameShuah Khan
Primary Speaker Job TitleKernel Maintainer & Linux Fellow
Primary Speaker CompanyThe Linux Foundation
Is there a co-speaker?Yes
Additional Speaker
Co­-Speaker Full NameKate Stewart
Co­-Speaker Job TitleVP, Dependable Embedded Systems
Co­-Speaker CompanyThe Linux Foundation
Co-Speaker Emailkstewart@...
Submission Details
Type of SubmissionPresentation
Session Length30 minutes
Topic Title / Idea Workshop Wrap-up session
AbstractWorkshop closing session recapping key workshop sessions and attendance results.
Any critical participants needed for the discussion?WG Leads, Shuah Khan, Min Yu, and Kate Stewart
Audience BackgroundNew to Safety
Experienced with Safety
New to Linux Kernel
Experienced with Linux Kernel
What timezone do you prefer to present in?UK - GMT (+0)
Central US - CST (-6)
Code of Conduct - I agree to abide by the ELISA Code of Conduct.Yes

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - ELISA Goal setting for next quarter (June - Aug 2021)

Deb Giles

New submission for the ELISA May Workshop CFP. Please find below the details.

Email addressskhan@...
Primary Speaker Information
Primary Speaker Full NameShuah Khan
Primary Speaker Job TitleKernel Maintainer & Linux Fellow
Primary Speaker CompanyThe Linux Foundation
Is there a co-speaker?No
Submission Details
Type of SubmissionTechnical Discussion Group
Session Length60 minutes
Topic Title / Idea ELISA Goal setting for next quarter (June - Aug 2021)
AbstractDiscussion and brain storming session. Set goals for next quarter for ELISA and derives goals for WGs based on ELISA goals.
[...]

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - Welcome - ELISA Project and Strategy Overview

Deb Giles

New submission for the ELISA May Workshop CFP. Please find below the details.

Email addressskhan@...
Primary Speaker Information
Primary Speaker Full NameShuah Khan
Primary Speaker Job TitleKernel Maintainer & Linux Fellow
Primary Speaker CompanyThe Linux Foundation
Is there a co-speaker?Yes
Additional Speaker
Co­-Speaker Full NameKate Stewart
Co­-Speaker Job TitleVP, Dependable Embedded Systems
Co­-Speaker CompanyThe Linux Foundation
Co-Speaker Emailkstewart@...
Submission Details
Type of SubmissionPresentation
Session Length30 minutes
Topic Title / Idea Welcome - ELISA Project and Strategy Overview
AbstractWorkshop kickoff session welcoming participants. Presenting an overview of ELISA Project and Technical Strategy to be informative to first time attendees as well as longtime participants.
[...]

REMINDER: CFP Closes on April 9th -  ELISA Workshop #7

Min Yu

Dear all,

The deadline to submit a session at the upcoming ELISA Workshop is drawing near. Please submit your session topic by April 9th using this form

We look forward to another engaging and productive workshop May 18-20. Please register for the Workshop if you haven't already.

And help us promote the Workshop CFP and registration in your network.

Kind regards,
Min

--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

From: Min Yu <myu@...>
Date: Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 11:49 AM
Subject: ELISA Workshop #7 - Registration and CFP Now Open
To: <devel@...>

[...]

ELISA TSC Meeting - Wed, 03/24/2021

Shuah Khan

Here is the agenda for TSC meeting tomorrow. Planning to
cover this in this order to prioritize WG updates before
we get into topics that generate discussion.

Announcements
Working Group updates

Pending Action Item review
Github: organization and clean up (WIP)
Review and publication policy (WIP

White paper

Please let me know if you have any items to add to the agenda.

thanks,
-- Shuah

ELISA TSC Meeting - Wed, 03/24/2021 2:00pm-3:00pm #cal-reminder

devel@lists.elisa.tech Calendar <devel@...>

Reminder: ELISA TSC Meeting

When: Wednesday, 24 March 2021, 2:00pm to 3:00pm, (GMT+01:00) Europe/Amsterdam

Where:https://zoom.us/j/97628705664?pwd=UVJnTjFHank1cHdNZ04vbWlSUGs5QT09

View Event

Organizer: ELISA Project

──────────

ELISA Project is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/97628705664?pwd=UVJnTjFHank1cHdNZ04vbWlSUGs5QT09

Meeting ID: 976 2870 5664
Passcode: 498396
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,97628705664#,,,,,,0#,,498396# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,97628705664#,,,,,,0#,,498396# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
+1 204 272 7920 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Meeting ID: 976 2870 5664
Passcode: 498396
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adJwdCp3cq

Master's Thesis: Measuring Code Review in the Linux Kernel

Lukas Bulwahn

Dear Wolfgang, dear Ralf, dear others,

Başak Erdamar has finished her master's thesis on Measuring Code
Review in the Linux Kernel:

The Linux kernel development is a prominent example of software
development at large
scale, i.e., a large code base, a large number of individual
contributors, a large organisational
structure for integrating changes and a public code review activity
open to all peers and
stakeholders. The review process data is made available through public
e-mail archives, which
enables access to information about the process including the last few
years of development.
There is no defined measure of error proneness of code changes in the
Linux kernel.
Nevertheless, public availability of the review process offers many
tools to analyze the depth
of investigation that each chunk of code goes through ahead of being
integrated into the
Linux kernel mainline. This thesis tries to answer the question of
whether the review process
provides enough information to determine the resulting software
errors. For this purpose,
it considers various variables to establish code review depth and
quality. By doing so, it
investigates whether the lack of in-depth review indicates potential
errors after integration, in
an attempt to develop a measure of software development quality. This
software development
quality measure could be used as input for assessing software security risks.
Throughout the development process usage of various emails and commit
message tags
are encouraged to be used, as well as complying with the patch
submission and review
guidelines. This thesis investigates compliance with these guidelines
in the review process,
by doing so, attempts to construct relations with the resulting
security risks in the Linux
kernel.
The resources for the investigation includes commit messages in the
Linux kernel and
review emails. These resources are provided by the PaStA tool in a
structured manner, which this
thesis uses for data mining purposes. These resources are then
utilized to construct variables
that potentially define the review process.

It is available here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G0L7c1_RITXQ_41Jvame47FPL375IU6p/view?usp=sharing

Here is a short personal summary:

Başak has investigated a number of interesting aspects related to Code
Review in the kernel development. These investigations include quite
generic aspects, such as relating author and file characteristics to
review response, as well as very specific aspects, such as identifying
the maintainers' activity in their section, and the activity of bots
and one-time committers. Both provide some interesting insights into
the development process; of course, such investigations are not just
finished with such a first measurement, but provide the possibility
for others to refine such analysis, clean up the raw data this
measurement uses, and interpret these measurements and make
conclusions for building higher-quality systems.

Best regards,

Lukas

REMINDER: ELISA Workshop #7 - CFP Deadline April 9th and Registration Now Open

Min Yu

Just a friendly reminder that the next ELISA Workshop CFP submission deadline is April 9th. Please use this form to propose a session (presentation, technical discussion, planning discussion, tutorial, dedicated working session, WG quarterly updates, etc.)

WG leads, please use the same form to submit your WG quarterly updates session as well.

Please help us spread the word about the Workshop registration.

Regards,
Min

--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

Additionally, the CFP is also open now through April 9. If you're interested in proposing a session (presentation, technical discussion, planning discussion, tutorial, dedicated working session), please use this form to do so before April 9th.

Please feel free to share the Workshop registration and CFP details with those in your network who are interested in topics and work relevant to functional safety and  linux applications.

Kind regards,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1(530) 902-6464 (m)

CodeChecker Mentee Blog Post and Reminder for Summer Mentorship Project Proposals - Deadline March 31

Min Yu

Dear all,

Jay Rajput recently wrote about his experience working on the CodeChecker project under the guidance of Lukas: https://elisa.tech/blog/2021/03/21/making-codechecker-ready-for-kernel-developers/

Thank you Lukas for mentoring Jay, and thank you Jay for your contributions to the ELISA and Kernel communities.

If you would like to propose a project and guide a new developer, the deadline to submit a project proposal is March 31. Please use this template to submit your proposal for the TSC to review/approve. Then we post your project on LFX Mentorship to accept mentee applications in mid April. Details on the summer term mentorship can be found here: https://linuxfoundation.org/about/diversity-inclusivity/mentorship/

Many open source contributors have found mentoring a greatly rewarding experience. We look forward to receiving some proposals from the ELISA community.

Regards,
Min

--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

ELISA May Workshop CFP Submission - Kernel Configurations for Safety Critical Applications

Naomi Washington

New submission for the ELISA May Workshop CFP. Please find below the details.

Email addresselana.copperman@...
Primary Speaker Information
Primary Speaker Full NameElana Copperman
Primary Speaker Job TitleSystem Architect
Primary Speaker CompanyMobileye
Is there a co-speaker?Yes
Additional Speaker
Co­-Speaker Full NameShuah Khan
Co­-Speaker Job TitleLinux Fellow
Co­-Speaker CompanyLinux Foundation
Co-Speaker EmailShuah Khan
Submission Details
Type of SubmissionTechnical Discussion Group
Session Length60 minutes
Topic Title / Idea Kernel Configurations for Safety Critical Applications
AbstractTo bring together Linux users who are familiar with existing kernel configurations and features, to demonstrate work which has been done on safety kernel configurations and continue an in-depth discussion on specific features and options. Focus on memory protection mechanisms (kernel memory, heap, stack).
Any critical participants needed for the discussion?No additional critical participants are needed
Audience BackgroundNew to Safety
Experienced with Safety
Experienced with Linux Kernel
What timezone do you prefer to present in?Israel - IST (+2)
Germany - CET (+1)
UK - GMT (+0)
Code of Conduct - I agree to abide by the ELISA Code of Conduct.Yes

181 - 200 of 1620