Topics

ISO26262 Development Process visualization

Jochen Kall

Hi Everyone,

Our collegues at WITZ created a visualization of the development process according to ISO26262 to help us and especially those without an automotive safety background and access to the standard, to better understand the way the development process outlined in the safety integrity standard various phases and flow of workproducts, and also to see where the various ELISA activities are anchored in the framework of ISO26262.

The document is split into a .drawio diagram to visualize activities, workproducts and the connections/workproduct flow theirein, and a spreadsheet giving a description of the phases and their individual objectives.

The diagram can be viewed directly online in the browser using the online viewer of .drawio (https://app.diagrams.net/) or locally using the standalone application.

The Material is uploaded to the google drive and can be accessed through the following Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XvwCdowRkK9qnS3j8JocH30BVsKHTcOK?usp=sharing

Let me know what you think, any comments, suggestions for improvement etc are welcome of course!

Best Regards
Jochen Kall

On behalf of Toyota.
--
Dr. rer. nat. Jochen Kall
Functional Safety

ITK Engineering GmbH
Im Speyerer Tal 6
76761 Rülzheim

Tel.: +49 7272 7703-546
Fax: +49 7272 7703-100
Mobil:+491734957776

mailto:jochen.kall@itk-engineering.de

ITK Engineering GmbH | Im Speyerer Tal 6 | 76761 Rülzheim
Tel.: +49 7272 7703-0 | Fax: +49 7272 7703-100
mailto:info@itk-engineering.de | http://www.itk-engineering.de

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Dr. Rudolf Maier
Geschäftsführung/Executive Board:
Michael Englert (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Bernd Gohlicke
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: 76761 Rülzheim
Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Landau, HRB 32046
USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE 813165046

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jochen Kall

--
Dr. rer. nat. Jochen Kall

Funktionale Sicherheit

ITK Engineering GmbH
Im Speyerer Tal 6
76761 Rülzheim

Tel.: +49 7272 7703-546
Fax: +49 7272 7703-100

Mobil:+491734957776

mailto:jochen.kall@itk-engineering.de ( jochen.kall@itk-engineering.de )

mailto:info@itk-engineering.de ( info@itk-engineering.de ) | http://www.itk-engineering.de ( http://www.itk-engineering.de/ )

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:

Dr. Rudolf Maier

Geschäftsführung/Executive Board:

Michael Englert (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Bernd Gohlicke

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: 76761 Rülzheim

Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Landau, HRB 32046

USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE 813165046

Lukas Bulwahn

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 9:05 AM Jochen Kall
<jochen.kall@itk-engineering.de> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for sharing. I hope this is helpful for learners of the ISO
26262 standard.

Lukas

Oscar Slotosch

Hi Jochen
Did I missed something or is it intended that you skipped the test of software (6-9,6-10 and 6-11) in your diagrams and
is your list of documents complete?

As an introduction to ISO 26262 for beginners I can also reccommend the recent Episode in our podcast about ISO 26262,
This is less vizualization but "audio-ization" 😉

kind regards,  Oscar

<jochen.kall@...> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Our collegues at WITZ created a visualization of the development process according to ISO26262 to help us and especially those without an automotive safety background and access to the standard, to better understand the way the development process outlined in the safety integrity standard various phases and flow of workproducts, and also to see where the various ELISA activities are anchored in the framework of ISO26262.
>
> The document is split into a .drawio diagram to visualize activities, workproducts and the connections/workproduct flow theirein, and a spreadsheet giving a description of the phases and their individual objectives.
>
> The diagram can be viewed directly online in the browser using the online viewer of .drawio  (https://app.diagrams.net/) or locally using the standalone application.
>
> The Material is uploaded to the google drive and can be accessed through the following Link
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XvwCdowRkK9qnS3j8JocH30BVsKHTcOK?usp=sharing
>
> Let me know what you think, any comments, suggestions for improvement etc are welcome of course!

Thanks for sharing. I hope this is helpful for learners of the ISO
26262 standard.

Lukas

Paoloni, Gabriele

Let me know what you think, any comments, suggestions for improvement
etc are welcome of course!
Thanks for sharing. I hope this is helpful for learners of the ISO
26262 standard.

Lukas
+1

Many thanks for this visual high level overview!

Gab
INTEL CORPORATION ITALIA S.p.A. con unico socio
Sede: Milanofiori Palazzo E 4
CAP 20094 Assago (MI)
Capitale Sociale Euro 104.000,00 interamente versato
Partita I.V.A. e Codice Fiscale 04236760155
Repertorio Economico Amministrativo n. 997124
Registro delle Imprese di Milano nr. 183983/5281/33
Soggetta ad attivita' di direzione e coordinamento di
INTEL CORPORATION, USA

Jochen Kall

Hi Oscar,

good catch, I’ll look into that, clearly missing at the moment.

mailto:info@... | http://www.itk-engineering.de

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:

Dr. Rudolf Maier

Geschäftsführung/Executive Board:

Michael Englert (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Bernd Gohlicke

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: 76761 Rülzheim

Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Landau, HRB 32046

USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE 813165046

杉浦 正直

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for comments.

Did I missed something or is it intended that you skipped the test of software (6-9,6-10 and 6-11) in your diagrams and
is your list of documents complete?
Our focus is the design process.
So the test process is omitted.

Would you like to include the whole process(design and test process)?

Thanks,

Masanao

--
*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*
WITZ Corporation

Tel: +81-52-220-1218, Fax: +81-52-218-5855
Nagoya Park Place 13-1, Sakae 2 Choume, Naka-ku, Naogya
460-0008 Japan
*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*

see https://anchor.fm/validas/episodes/Episode-33-ISO-26262-ehh7h2
________________________________

[...]